The children have already begun Phonics sessions and Number sessions. They have also painted their face and practised writing their name. I have enjoyed hearing about some of their Summer holiday adventures and sharing Receptions scrapbooks with the children.
Welcome to Wagtails
Home Learning- All Wagtails are to practise their letters and sounds/tricky words and read their reading books daily.
Welcome to Wagtails
We are Reception and Year 1
Class teacher: Miss O’Connor
We are helped by; Mrs Webber
Please click on the links to read our curriculum letters:
Week Ending 14th September - We have had another jam packed week in Wagtails class. By Friday all of the children should have come home with a school library book. This book will be changed once a week but please continue to read your own stories at home daily so that your child builds a love for reading.
Phonics- This week we have begun working in our new Phonic groups- all children have letters they are learning in their book bags to practise recognising at home and making words to blend to read.
Welly Walking- We had our first Welly Walk session on Thursday. We took a walk to the allotment where we were able to pick apples straight from the tree to eat.
PE- The children have also taken part in their first Multi Skills. We were really impressed with the children’s independence when getting changed into and out of their PE kits. We are focusing on different ways of moving.
Some of the children have particularly enjoyed the new Mud Kitchen this week.
Week Ending 7th September- Firstly, welcome to Wagtails class! We have had such a fantastic first week at school and are so proud of the children. They are already settling in so well! We have had such a busy week learning the rules and routines of school and getting to know each other.
The Year 1 children are already showing increased independence and maturity as well as renewed eagerness and readiness to learn. They are being very supportive and welcoming to our newest and slightly smaller Wagtails. Well Done Year 1.
Reception are working towards the Early Learning goals. Click here to view them.
Year 1 are working towards KS1 National Curriculum.
Kinetic Letters - Letter Formation
The children are following the adventures of Bounce the brave monkey and Skip the scared monkey. Please help them to practice this whenever they are engaged in writing at home.
Things to Note :
- Children are provided with fruit from the Government free fruit scheme.
- All children have free access to a water bottle.
- Milk is free for all four year olds but must be ordered from the 'Cool Milk' website. Once children are five they automatically come off the register but parents can go back on the website to purchase milk if they wish to continue having it.
- School meals are provided by ABM and must be ordered directly on Parent Pay where you can choose what your child will have to eat. This can be booked in advance but must be booked before 9.00am on the day you wish your child to have a meal.
- Children need Wellies and Waterproof trousers in school every day! These can stay at school for the term.
- Please check your child's book bag daily
A week in Wagtails:
Children will need a PE kit in school which should include a white t-shirt, a pair of shorts and trainers. This will be sent home at the end of each half term for a wash!
Thursday- Welly Walking
Friday- Library Books
Wagtail class visit the class library every Friday where they will bring a book home for the week. Please make sure you return your child's library book the following Friday so they can choose a new book.
We strongly discourage children bringing toys or other items from home into school to play with.