Welcome to Wagtails
Home Learning- All Wagtails are to practise their letters and sounds/tricky words and read their reading books daily.
Welcome to Wagtails
We are Reception and Year 1
Class teacher: Miss O’Connor
We are helped by; Mrs Webber and Miss Martin
Please click on the links to read our curriculum letters:
Reception are working towards the Early Learning goals. Click here to view them.
Year 1 are working towards KS1 National Curriculum.
Kinetic Letters - Letter Formation
The children are following the adventures of Bounce the brave monkey and Skip the scared monkey. Please help them to practice this whenever they are engaged in writing at home.
Things to Note:
- Children are provided with fruit from the Government free fruit scheme.
- All children have free access to a water bottle.
- Milk is free for all four year olds but must be ordered from the 'Cool Milk' website. Once children are five they automatically come off the register but parents can go back on the website to purchase milk if they wish to continue having it.
- School meals are provided by ABM and must be ordered directly on Parent Pay where you can choose what your child will have to eat. This can be booked in advance but must be booked before 9.00am on the day you wish your child to have a meal.
- PE is on a Thursday and Tuesday and children will need a PE kit in school which should include a white t-shirt, a pair of shorts and trainers. This will be sent home at the end of each half term for a wash!
- Wagtail class visit the class library every Friday where they will bring a book home for the week. Please make sure you return your child's library book the following Friday so they can choose a new book.
- Ginger the Bear will choose someone to go home with for the weekend each Friday.
- Welly Walking takes place every Thursday and Cooking is weekly on a Monday.
- Home Learning is sent home every Monday and will be a Maths Game to enjoy together, please return the game (and all the pieces) the following week to be changed. Continued daily reading and learning of letter sounds and tricky words is hugely beneficial.
- Children need Wellies and Waterproof trousers in school every day! These can stay at school for the term.
- Please check your child's book bag daily.
We strongly discourage children bringing toys or other items from home into school to play with.