About Our School
Welford, Sibbertoft and Sulby Endowed School (WSSES) is a small village primary school situated in the village of Welford, Northamptonshire.
Welford is a large village with a population of approximately 1000. It is located close to the county boundary of Northamptonshire and Leicestershire and enjoys excellent road communications, with access to the A14 being only 2 miles south of the village. The school principally serves the areas of Welford, Sibbertoft, Sulby and Elkington as well as receiving children from surrounding farms and other local villages.
Welford, Sibbertoft and Sulby Endowed School is a Foundation school with a distinctive religious character. The Governing body are the authoritative body and owners of the land and buildings and employers of all school staff. The school caters for children between the ages of 4–11.
The main school building is Victorian with modern additions. The original building has been extensively refurbished and modernised. The main building accommodates three large classrooms, computer suite, large hall with modern PE equipment, lighting and stage for performances, library area, learning resource room, music room, kiln room, cloakrooms and office accommodation. A modern mobile unit also provides two further classrooms and cloakrooms.
The school is pleasantly situated in spacious grounds. There is a playground surrounded by landscaped areas overlooking undulating countryside. The landscaped areas include a nature area, pond, willow dome and garden with wooden bench seating.
School offers an extensive range of activities and the premises are regularly used after school for clubs and for lettings to the School Association and the wider community.
As a village school we are an integral part of our community. We have close links with many groups such as the Church, pre-school, local industry and senior citizens. Our school forms part of the ‘Guilsborough Cluster’, a group of primary schools feeding Guilsborough School.